The Director of Community Development will work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Campaign and Security Planning to cultivate and manage donors, plan and executive campaign events and design and implement creative and innovative fundraising strategies. A successful candidate will be an innovative leader and a team player with a strong sense of purpose, commitment, and personal responsibility to the Jewish Federation. He or she will be detail-oriented, visionary, dedicated to creating connections with current and future donors and volunteers, understanding of the realities of today’s fundraising climate and passionate about strengthening the Jewish community.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Oversee Women’s Philanthropy, which is responsible for nearly half of the total Jewish Federation Annual Campaign.
• Meet with key women’s leadership on a regular basis.
• Manage all Women’s Philanthropy divisions, including Lions of Judah, Pomegranates and Dollar-a-Day.
• Work closely with the Director of Campaign and Security Planning to assign women’s cards to volunteer solicitors.
• Oversee other affinity groups as assigned, including the Young Adult Division and PJ for Parents
• Work closely with volunteer leadership to plan events for these affinity groups that offer engagement with Jewish life with an eye toward campaign participation.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve on senior management team.
• Attend monthly board meetings and committee meetings as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required with preference given to professionals with advanced education in Jewish communal service, philanthropy, or related areas.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience preferred with progressive responsibility in resource development roles.
• Demonstrated achievement in donor development and gift solicitation; successful experience in volunteer recruitment, education, motivation, and management, preferably in development.
• Excellent organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail and follow-up.
• Strong interpersonal, relationship building and leadership skills.
• Effective and inspirational communicator, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge and comfort with marketing practices a plus.
• Model a personal commitment to the Jewish community and Jewish values; ability to ground relationships with prospective and current donors in Jewish culture and values.
• Prior knowledge of utilizing CRM/fundraising database systems preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to succeed under pressure in a dynamic environment and comfortable with change and working in undefined situations.
The Director of Development is a senior executive level position and functions under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of the Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• A competitive compensation package with attractive benefits is being offered.
• To learn more about our Jewish community, visit www.JewishLehighValley.org.
• For more information about the Lehigh Valley, visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.
The Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.