The Jfamily Department at the Jewish Community Center of Metropolitan Detroit provides Jewish education, support and connection for families. The Jfamily department is seeking an Events and Promotions Coordinator to plan and execute high-quality family programs and support Jfamily’s promotional and marketing needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan and execute high-quality family programs in close cooperation with other local organizations and congregations, this includes all aspects of event planning including scheduling, venues, catering, coordination of technology needs, conference calls, and travel arrangements (programs include but are not limited to: The Barbara and Douglas Bloom Matzah Factory, The Detroit Jewish Book Fair family programs, etc)
• Serve as the Jfamily liaison with local community partners and organizations that work with families (such as the Jewish Federation, Congregations, Jewish agencies etc)
• Manage and maintain all JFamily social media content.
• Compose and send bi-weekly newsletter.
• Manage newsletter database.
• Assist in the development and delivery of Jfamily New Baby Boxes, The Grand Bag and holiday-based bag programs.
• Administer digital post-program surveys. Facilitate various aspects of surveys including creation and monitoring of digital and print surveys, and compilation of data.
• Plan and prepare promotional items orders.
• Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate.
• Design, edit, and/or work with marketing department and vendors on creation of marketing materials, including PowerPoint presentations, website landing and registration pages, event postings to online calendars, flyers, invitations, social media, etc.
• Coordinate Jfamily committee meetings and leadership development opportunities.
• Work in conjunction with key lay leaders and committees to plan programs.
• Be an integral part of the JCC staff team, to include other responsibilities, as determined by Senior Director.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Minimum of three years of prior event planning and/or promotions experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Professional, well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Positive attitude, dependable.
• Willing to work some weekends and evening hours, as needed, to provide support for Jfamily/JCC events.
• Excellent communication, people skills, and customer service.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.