This 4 day per week position reports to the Board of Directors of the Jewish Community Foundation of the West and is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Foundation. The Executive Director will support the Sacramento Region’s Jewish Community’s philanthropic goals both for individuals and member organizations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, donor growth and stewardship, marketing and program development, volunteer and staff supervision, financial oversight and board and committee support.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
• Strong familiarity with and affection for Jewish culture and practices.
• The ability and knowledge to increase funds under management both by soliciting for new funds and
encouraging existing donors to invest more in existing funds.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to work with financial data to make key decisions.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills for representing the Foundation in public forums.
• Ability to prepare and distribute annual marketing materials and reports.
• Strong computer skills for donor management, updating the website, video conferencing and Microsoft
• Knowledge of non-profit management and current rules and regulations for Community Foundations.
Description of Organization:
The Jewish Community Foundation of the West (Foundation) was founded in 2000 to inspire individual and collective philanthropy to solve problems, strengthen community organizations and provide permanent support for the Jewish Community in the Sacramento Region. Thanks to the vision and generosity of individuals, families, businesses and organizations past and present, the Foundation has grown to over $13.25 million in funds under management comprised of both endowments and donor advised funds. More than just a steward of the community’s endowments, the Foundation strives to create and support innovative grant making for the community's needs.