Location: Position is temporarily remote. Once the office opens, the candidate may be asked to work at times from the Downtown Seattle office.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle is searching for a self-motivated, organized, early career professional committed to core Jewish values that is excited to support programming for the wider Jewish Puget Sound community. An ideal candidate is adaptable and thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment as the Jewish Engagement Program Associate.
Why We Want to Work with You:
You’re excited about the mission of the Jewish Federation in Seattle. You hold the big vision and the day-to-day details in mind simultaneously. You strive to design systems and processes that are elegant, efficient, and extremely user-friendly. You can juggle (literally or metaphorically). You love data, not for its own sake, but for how it can help you and the team work faster, smarter, and more effectively. You are decisive and have an intuitive sense about when you need to seek counsel and when you should just make the call. You’re intensely curious, eager both to learn new things and to regularly question your own assumptions.
Why You Want to Work with Us:
As the Jewish Engagement Program Associate you will serve as a “utility player” with various operational, budget/financial, administrative, and project management responsibilities across all areas of our engagement work.
You will be exposed to a wide range of people and issues in the Jewish, philanthropic, and nonprofit/social-impact sectors, as well as to the internal infrastructure and operations of a thriving Jewish Federation. You will work with an accomplished and diverse team in which each individual is committed to their own rapid development as well as to that of the team.
This position reports to the Director of Jewish Engagement and is a non-exempt position.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- One - two years in event planning/program delivery experience (internships included; nonprofit experience is a bonus)
- Comfortable command of standard workplace software, familiarity with Salesforce is a bonus
- Intermediate knowledge in Excel and Google Sheets (vlookup, conditional formulas, pivot tables, design/formatting) or eagerness to learn
- Demonstrated capacity to present complex information in clear and concise ways
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to maintain high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team-player mindset juggling and completing multiple competing tasks and demands in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work evenings/weekends as needed for on-site/virtual program support
- A valid driver’s license
Salary: $40k+ commensurate with experience.
Employees of the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the two week waiting period following initial inoculation) and COVID-19 boosters as recommended by the CDC. Employees are required to present written evidence that they received an FDA-approved vaccination against COVID-19 unless an employee has a legitimate justification for not being vaccinated and is granted an exception.