Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
Project Interchange is AJC Institute which serves as a strategic tool for all its domestic and international offices and partners to build strong relationships with key global leaders that will ultimately advance AJC’s advocacy goals.
The Operations Coordinator is an entry level administrative position which plays an integral role in the operation and administration of the entire Project Interchange (PI) team. S/he will report PI’s Assistant Director of Business and Resource Development.
As part of the Operations team, the Operations Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Alumni Engagement team and Director, enabling PI to operate efficiently, while meeting the highest standards of transparency and accountability.
The Operations Coordinator does all this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
• Research, database records management, and financial operations.
• Provide logistical, coordination and administrative support.
• Record all philanthropic gifts and interactions with donor base in a timely manner, handling with confidentiality.
Research, Records Management, and Financial Operations
• Conducts background, alumni, and participant research to support alumni engagement and program teams.
• Responsible for processing of philanthropic gifts to PI and retrieval of information from donor database
• Reconciles and processes, in a timely fashion, payments and expense reports. Maintains accurate financial records in keeping with AJC / PI protocols and standards.
• Maintains and expands databases, ensures information within and across various systems is accurate, consistent, and up to date for donor and alumni constituencies.
• Runs queries of financial, alumni impact, and donor contact information to support PI team.
• Creates and implements new organizational tools to increase efficiency and productivity.
• Assists team members with expense reports and travel arrangements.
Coordination and Administration
• Organizes and maintains institutional records and materials including financial, governance and alumni programming information.
• Maintains and updates delegation and administrative calendars in coordination with team members.
• Organizes PI’s on- and off-site meetings/events for governance bodies, PI committees, and meetings with alumni, donors, etc.
• Prepares program and event invitations and coordinates catering, registration and other logistical details.
• Coordinates travel logistics for Director and prepares materials for such business trips.
• Serves as PI liaison with building and AJC staff on administrative, financial, technical, scheduling, and planning questions.
• Formats and organizes various reports, PI’s monthly update, and other materials as requested.
• BA/BS degree with 1 year or more of relevant work experience
• Well-organized and detail-oriented, exceptional follow through
• Excellent time management skills; ability to apply independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Flexibility in working independently, with multiple supervisors, and as a team member
• Proven record of discreetly managing and safeguarding sensitive and confidential records, information and materials
• Self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced office environment with different supervisory work styles; proven ability to take initiative
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of lay leaders and organizational colleagues
• Proof reading and editing ability is critical
• Microsoft Office a must, familiarity with Access, Powerpoint, Publisher, Raiser’s Edge a plus
• Familiarity with Israel and the Middle East a plus.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx