The Communication and Support Specialist will oversee and coordinate all functions related to communications and support for the planning and allocations department of Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey. The successful candidate must be highly organized, energetic, and sufficiently flexible to handle multiple assignments in a fast-moving dynamic environment. The Communication and Support Specialist works closely with the Director of Planning and Allocations, other staff members, and lay leaders to create an atmosphere of stellar service for all Federation stakeholders.
• Provide administrative support for the Director of Planning and Allocations including scheduling, report preparation, and correspondence.
• Prepare accounting information for the finance department including the processing of invoices from beneficiaries.
• Maintain correspondence and documentation files, including financial reports, relating to planning and allocations.
• Schedule, organize, and provide support for activities such as meetings and agency visits including sending invitations, ordering food, keeping track of respondents, and follow up.
• Assist in requesting information from beneficiary agencies for the funding application process and compiling information in a manner suitable for review.
• Help provide information and guidance to the committee in their deliberations.
• Maintain minutes and records of committee proceedings and decisions.
• Review activities of partner agencies and programs to ensure that allocated funds are used in accordance with Jewish Federation’s terms and conditions including the tracking of required documentation.
• Handle administrative responsibilities such as: entering contact information into Federation’s data base; typing, designing, and layout of general correspondences, reports, and charts; and mailings.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Excellent computer skills: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher.
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
• A self-starter, willing to take the initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy.
• Well-developed organizational and time management skills.
• Dependable and appreciative of the need to preserve confidentiality.
• Well-developed customer service orientation.
• A team player as well as able to work independently.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments.
• A demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values.
• Strong personal commitment to the mission of Federation.
• Knowledge of local Jewish community a plus.
• Must have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey prohibits discrimination based on the following protected categories: race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability.