Synagogue & Executive Assistant
WE HAVE UPDATED THIS POST TO PROVIDE FOR REMOTE WORK DURING THE COVID SURGE.
Congregation Adat Reyim, a Jewish Synagogue in Springfield, VA, seeks a full-time Synagogue Executive Assistant, with a focus on supporting our Rabbi. If you are passionate about your profession, we want to talk to you! We also seek an individual who will model our Congregation’s values. Read more below, and see www.adatreyim.org and www.adatreyim.org/testimonials1.html.
Our ideal candidate possesses these attributes and qualifications:
• A warm and gracious personality, with outstanding customer service skills;
• Strong time management and organizational skills, including attention to detail, deadlines and accuracy;
• The tenacity and resourcefulness to take initiative and get the job done, are in balance with your integrity - of being reliable, accountable and reflective;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Past success handling sensitive information with a high degree of confidentiality and discretion;
• The ability to work as part of a team, giving help and asking for help;
• Familiarity with Judaism and Jewish organizations, past work in a faith community, or other applicable experience;
• A gentle good nature to engage across differences in religion, race, gender expression and sexuality, class, politics and other identities and abilities;
• Strong technical knowhow, including proficiency in MS Office and Google applications, social media and online meeting platforms (e.g. Zoom);
• A driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
• A High School diploma; Bachelor’s Degree or some college is preferred.
Half of the week is devoted to supporting our Rabbi:
• Manage and update the Rabbi’s calendar;
• Respond to requests for the Rabbi’s time, determine priorities, and assist with scheduling and confirming meetings, including on Zoom;
• Develop and manage the Rabbi’s weekly to-do list, based on the Rabbi’s schedule and email inbox, the Synagogue calendar, discussions at staff meetings, etc.;
• Organize the Rabbi’s email inbox, including routing, forwarding, categorizing, and prioritizing responses;
• Carry out purchases and manage other logistics for the Rabbi;
• Produce, organize and distribute other correspondence, reports and handouts for the Rabbi.
The other half of the week is devoted to administrative support for the Congregation:
• Greet people as they call, write or seek to enter our building;
• Assist in maintaining the Synagogue’s overall calendar;
• Assist in maintaining the Synagogue’s membership database (ShulCloud), and prepare reports and distribute information;
• Maintain our inventory of supplies;
• Coordinate room setups and Zoom setups with other staff and lay leaders;
• Provide support to other key staff or lay leaders as directed.
The position is a full time, salaried, exempt position. A typical work schedule will be weekdays
10:00AM – 6:00PM, with a shorter workday prior to Shabbat and Jewish holidays. We may need occasional support on some evenings, Sundays, and the Jewish High Holy Days.
A background check is required prior to an offer of employment.
Congregation Adat Reyim, a non-profit organization, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and offers an accessible workplace.