Religious School Administrator
Temple Emanuel of the Pascack Valley (TEPV), Woodcliff Lake, NJ, a vibrant, innovative, and inclusive Conservative synagogue of about 500 families in Northern NJ, seeks a School Administrator for Temple Emanuel’s Religious School. This position can be full or part-time; part-time is approximately 30 hours a week. (Sunday mornings and Wednesday afternoons are required when school is in session; balance of hours to be determined).
In collaboration with the Director of Education, other clergy, Executive Director, and lay leadership, this individual promotes and oversees the continued success of the congregation’s Education Program in the ways listed below, as well as other ways according to the individual’s strengths and interests, considering the evolving needs of the school and community.
• Administer recruitment, registration, retention, and exit information for the Religious School; maintain up-to-date school rosters and records (attendance, report cards and parent conferences).
• Communicate regularly and effectively with parents, lay leaders and faculty. Assist synagogue staff with school publicity internally and in the community, through both print and social media.
• Assist with preparation of school Budget and monitor and update the Budget throughout the year.
• Assist with grant proposals.
• Manage calendaring prior to and during the school year; interface on the calendar with other arms of the synagogue; communicate calendar and upcoming events to parents, faculty, synagogue professionals and lay leaders
• Administer the BOE (schedule, agenda, handouts) and assist with the BOE chairs’ monthly reports to the Board. Attend all BOE meetings (monthly during the school year).
• Work with Director as a sounding board and for brainstorming, problem-solving and “visioning.”
• Communicate with families, students, high school aides and faculty
• Assist in the recruitment, hiring, and placement of faculty and administer their contracts and any reimbursements for materials.
• Work with the Director to plan and conduct faculty development opportunities.
• Work with the Director to plan and implement special events for the Religious School, both grade level and school-wide (Opening Day, holidays, etc.). Work with maintenance staff on set-up.
• Administer the Religious School Madrichim (student aide) Program including application, selection of participants, placement, creation and logistics for professional development, and regular check-ins and evaluation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
• Outstanding administrative and organizational skills. Creative; takes initiative.
• Experience in coordinating and implementing programs.
• Excellent computer skills. Knowledge of all Office software a must; knowledge of Chaverware a plus. Willingness and ability to learn new programs as appropriate.
• Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion.
• Experience in schools or camps a plus as is knowledge and understanding of Jewish tradition and familiarity with Conservative Judaism and its branches (education, youth, camp, etc.)
• Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
Applicants apply directly ***********