WORKERS CIRCLE SCHOOL MANAGER PART-TIME (21-HOUR A WEEK) POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Workers Circle is a progressive nonprofit Jewish social justice organization that engages in strategic social justice activism through campaigns, education, and coalition work. Our mission powers progressive Jewish identity through Jewish cultural engagement, Yiddish language learning, multigenerational education, and social justice. All social justice activism at the Workers Circle is presented through a Jewish lens highlighting traditions, values, and text.
In furtherance of our mission, we resource a network of six Jewish cultural supplementary schools located in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Westchester, Long Island, Chicago, and Boston, and directly oversee four schools (Brooklyn, Manhattan, Westchester, Chicago). Our schools run dynamic, experiential learning programs that are rooted in Jewish culture and heritage, Yiddishkayt, and social justice activism connected to our organization’s mission and work. Each school is led by a dedicated Director or Coordinator and generally meet on Sundays. This position will supervise the four schools’ Directors/Coordinators, and organize efforts on the ground across the network, being the point of contact for questions, curriculum, materials, and whatever administrative needs arise. Also, s/he will work closely with communications, event and social justice staff members on tasks specific to these disciplines which are education-based.
The School Manager should be an experienced, creative, committed education professional with expertise in creating and implementing experiential learning programs. The School Manager will manage this group of education programs; continue the work of creating a vibrant network of schools; execute new events and programs; and ensure the education component of each school is sound and reflective of the organization’s values
The School Manager reports to the Deputy Executive Director and Director of Development.
• Oversee the school education network as a resource and overall supervisor
• Revisit/revise/add to curricula for education, Jewish culture, and social justice needs working with activists and educators
• Transmit/translate national programs to local network schools, ensuring each school implements the Workers Circle branded outreach events over the year
• Evaluate programs and events using appropriate research/data-based tools including conducting annual surveys
• Provide regular reports related to the school network
• Plan for and provide content for marketing and PR needs as they relate to both programs, develop limited social media posts and promotional ads for schools, coordinating with our communications team to ensure on-time and media-specific development as needed
This unique, challenging and career-building position requires work on frequent Sundays since most of our schools meet on this day.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Jewish experiential education field and/or in organizing
• Experience in managing teaching staff
• Demonstrable interest/activities in Jewish culture, Yiddish, social justice preferred
• Knowledge of and experience with capacity- and network-building in education or other settings
• Fluent with multiple technologies for learning and communication purposes
• Experience training/coaching school teachers and coordinators
• Ability to step in and lead ongoing projects and initiatives
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
• Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter
• Ability to work well independently and in teams
• Commitment to the organization
Salary and Benefits
We offer a very generous and comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is $30,000/yr.
Dog friendly office.
This is a part-time hybrid. Work from home remotely with one day a week in the office.
To apply, send resume, with cover letter, including salary requested and how your experience relates to this position here and s*************