Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Coordinator will coordinate all of the logistical details for a multi-million dollar fund-raising campaign, including processing of pledges and keeping track of contributions, inputting data and creating lists for numerous fundraising events, and providing support for the fundraising professionals and all that it entails. The candidate must have proficient computer skills, exceptional organizational skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
The Coordinator will perform his/her work while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
• Coordinate logistical details related to fundraising events including processing of pledges, tracking of contributions, and inputting data to create systems for tracking donations.
• Provide support for fundraising professionals (this may include: mailings, menu development, invitation design, research of prospective donors and honorees in the community).
• Schedule and organize activities such as meetings and programs including sending invitations, ordering food, keeping track of respondents and donations, and follow up.
• Maintain correspondence, document files including financial reports relating to projects and programs.
• Interact with the board, donors, event honorees and attendees, membership and the public.
• General office duties include answering the phone and taking messages, organize and prioritize large volumes of information, e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail, as well as other administrative duties.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• On occasion, may have to work overtime (some evenings) during the height of the campaign and lend assistance to others in the department.
• Bachelor’s degree, with 1 to 2 years related work experience
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, telephone skills, tact and diplomacy
• Dependable with well-developed organizational and time management skills, especially the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, including strict adherence to confidentiality
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Well-developed customer service orientation
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through
• A team player with the ability to work independently as a self-starter
• Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
• Ability to attend events, meetings and programs outside of standard working hours
• Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint with the ability to learn; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus
• Event planning experience including logistics and communications a plus
• Passion for the mission of AJC
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx