JCC Chicago's Manager, Family Programs is responsible for creating opportunities for meaningful engagement and connection to JCC and Jewish community inspiring Jewish identity through the experience of a variety of vibrant Jewish communal experiences and programs across the metropolitan area.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Partner with leadership from Early Childhood, Day Camp and J at School to create and implement a forward-thinking vision for community engagement that brings value for established program participants and promotes JCC offerings to the broader community.
• Lead the visioning and planning for Kehilla funded family and young professional/parent engagement in the city.
• Identify and develop partnerships with Jewish and broad community organizations to extend agency reach.
• Work with agency-wide program colleagues to create and implement a dynamic portfolio of community engagement opportunities including a mix of small community specific programs and large community wide programs such as Chicago Loves Israel and holiday celebrations.
• Build strong relationships with colleagues within and outside of JCC Chicago to maximize reach and community impact.
• Manage and supervise direct program staff.
Full time, Monday - Friday; does require flexibility to be available nights and weekends per programmatic needs.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years demonstrated success developing and facilitating programs for all age groups required; experience with family programming highly preferred.
• Experience creating and implementing Jewish programming highly preferred.
• Experience leading part-time professional staff preferred.
• Demonstrated success building new and expanding upon existing program areas that led to customer engagement and meeting of business goals.
• Demonstrated success in identifying, building, and maintaining strong strategic partnerships.
• Previous experience developing and managing budgets.
• Previous experience working as a member of a management team.
• Ability to demonstrate and lead with JCC Chicago’s Four Core Values: Self-Leadership and Accountability, Creativity and Innovation, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Customer Service.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to demonstrate business acumen, conflict management, listening and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Jewish culture and values.
• Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license for at least 24 months, proof of insurance (with a minimum $250,000 liability) and be willing and able to travel between various JCC sites.