Department: Financial Resource Development (FRD)
Reports To: Senior Director of Major Gifts
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt Position
Location: Northern New Jersey
To Apply: Please send Cove**************
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey. Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in the northern New Jersey area, in Israel, and around the world. Our primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
The Director of Philanthropic Advancement (DN) will drive our innovative and high-end efforts to attract the next generation of major donors and establish a leadership pipeline for affinity level donors with the capacity to contribute at least $500. The position will focus on major donor level prospects ($10,000+) and affinity level ($500-$9,999) prospects.
The position will operate under a unique paradigm in concert with existing Federation offerings. The lead professional will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, stewarding, and coordinating individual donors and their interests. It is expected that the DN will utilize networking opportunities, as well as vibrant and innovative programs to attract new donors and prospects.
- Engage under-45 donors via interpersonal meetings, events, programs, and other initiatives to support the work of Federation.
- Oversee hallmark fundraising events, including an annual poker tournament, that drive key fundraising through individual gifts and corporate sponsorship.
- Develop a series of exclusive programming to further engage event-driven donors.
- Implement a leadership cohort program for emerging philanthropists that inspires and engages them in the work of Federation.
- Recruit a minimum of two applicants each year to participate in Jewish Federation of North America’s National Young Leadership Cabinet, including developing and maintaining a list of prospects.
- Establish a new fundraising stream targeting professionals who live in New Jersey and work in New York, including hosting select programs in Manhattan.
- Work collaboratively with Federation professionals and lay leadership on organizational placement and connect with new donors to ensure continued engagement.
- Seek corporate sponsorship opportunities to fund existing and new program initiatives such as a Jewish Young Professionals Organization and/or Jewish Chamber of Commerce.
- Attend Federation events of other departments and affinity groups as necessary.
- Coordinate with other senior staff to produce seamless and consistent branding of Federation, as well as coordinate events and marketing/promotional materials.
- Convey Federation’s message and vision meaningfully to donors and prospects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree.
- 5-7 years development experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good sense of humor and a life-long learner.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong personal commitment to Federation’s mission.
- Knowledge of local Jewish community a plus.
- Flexibility to work evenings and some Sundays.
- Must have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey prohibits discrimination based on the following protected categories: race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability.
To apply, please send Cover **************