Emory Hillel is looking for someone who is a motivated professional with strong organizational, interpersonal, programming, and communications skills to serve as the Engagement Associate. You will be an integral member of our Jewish student life team, working both collaboratively and independently. The Engagement Associate should be passionate about building peer to peer relationships, getting out on campus to reach new and uninvolved students and empowering students. You are someone who has a passion for building community through your dynamic personality, warmth, sincerity, sense of humor, and fun-loving attitude. You should be excited to shape the lives of students at Emory Hillel which is part of the ever growing Jewish life at Emory University in the heart of Atlanta, GA.
What You’ll Do
- Put yourself in new places and situations to engage a wide variety of students, for example, Greek Life, dorms, student union.
- Map out a plan to strategically build one on one relationships with 180 students currently not engaged in Jewish life, through meaningful conversation and exploring creative opportunities to help them "do Jewish".
- Collaborate with students you meet to create new opportunities for participation in Jewish life and build a cadre of student leaders who can work to craft activities and outreach to benefit all Jewish students.
- Create, implement, and support a diverse range of student programs and initiatives with a focus on first and second year students; Develop ongoing programs and manage large-scale programs as needed
- Work as part of the Hillel program staff to plan and implement different Hillel programs, such as social and Jewish holiday programming
- Recruit for and lead immersive experiences if necessary.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- A team-oriented approach to work, a strong work ethic, proven experience thinking and acting strategically to reach goals, a sense of humor and an ability to take risks and learn from situations when things don’t turn out the way you thought they would.
- Bachelor's degree and 0-2 years' of professional work experience.
- An interest in creating Jewish Life.
- Confidence initiating and running programs, and comfort asking questions.
- Ability to work flexible hours needed to get the job done.
- Ability to prioritize in order to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Capability to collaborate across teams both inside and outside of Hillel.
- Willingness to admit what you don't know, and excitement to learn in those areas.
- Excitement to continue developing your self ?
What You’ll Receive
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel abroad, particularly to Israel.
- Paid coffee dates with students.
- Flexible work hours over a 12 month contract
Emory University, Emory Hillel and Hillels of Georgia
Emory University, located in Atlanta, is home to nearly 15,000 students including more than 2,500 Jewish students. The University’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region, the United States and from hundreds of countries around the world. The University is well-known for its academic excellence and scholarship at Emory College and Oxford College; and boasts many significant departments including the TAM Institute for Jewish Studies and the Institute for the Study of Modern Israel. The University is also highly respected for its graduate programs and Colleges of Business, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Public Health and Theology.
Emory Hillel, located at the beautiful Marcus Hillel Center, serves as the “center” of Jewish life on campus and is committed to creating vibrant and dynamic Jewish life for the hundreds of Jewish students at Emory. The Marcus Hillel Center at Emory University also plays a pivotal role in the greater Atlanta Jewish community which has more than 125,000 members and includes an extensive network of synagogues, Jewish day schools and other Jewish communal agencies serving our warm, welcoming and diverse pluralistic Jewish community.
Atlanta is one of the largest cities in the United States and is the vibrant economic, cultural, educational and civic capital of the southeast. It is home to some of America’s most iconic companies and enterprises including Coca Cola, Delta Airlines, Home Depot, UPS and the Center for Disease Control. It is a hub of technological innovation, entertainment, arts and culture and higher education; as well as home to the Braves, Falcons, Hawks and Atlanta United FC. Major attractions include the Atlanta Zoo, Botanical Garden, Piedmont Park, High Museum of Art as well as historic landmarks such as the Carter Center and MLK Historical Park and birthplace.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Emory Hillel and Hillels of Georgia are affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all