The Chief Advancement & Community Impact Officer (CAO) will serve on the SJFS senior leadership team. This professional will work cross-departmentally in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. The CAO will convene key stakeholders to address communal needs and set priorities to achieve short and long-term organizational and community-wide priorities. Successful candidates will bring broad experience in strategic planning, community building, change management, impact measurement, volunteer management, and professional management in Jewish and/or non-Jewish community-based organizations.
• Strategic planning, Development, goal setting, impact measurement and capacity building both within the organization and community.
Board and volunteer management
Program and staff leadership and oversight
• Work with CEO, CPO, senior leadership, and Board to set organizational goals and partner with department heads internally to achieve strategic vision. Assist in creating strategy to accomplish agency goals. Develop and oversee organizational data collection and metrics that demonstrate progress toward goal attainment, milestones and desired outcomes.
• Advance the Community Planning and vision process and associated work, with a focus on implementing strategies to comprehensively serve the expanding catchment area of the agency through extensive internal and external collaborations. Develop strong positive relationships with key stakeholders.
• Will be responsible for public policy initiatives, as well as agency-wide data quality and continuous improvement. Will convene key stakeholders and special task forces, as needed, to address priority issues in the Jewish community. Will be the lead professional for quality improvement and COA accreditation process every four years.
• Will provide support for internal capacity building, with a focus on strategic planning, community collaboration, Board governance, fundraising / development, program evaluation, effective and efficient service delivery and change management to meet new strategic vision.
• Will partner with senior organizational leadership in developing internal goals, strategies, and tactics to achieve strategic vision.
Board and Volunteer Management
• Serve as a primary community liaison; With other agency leadership, will assist in developing a robust community and volunteer engagement strategy to meaningfully engage diverse stakeholders
Partner with CEO and CPO on Board development and engagement
Staff Board committees or task forces to achieve strategic plan and capacity building goals
Program & Staff Oversight
• Will be responsible for oversight of Development, Marketing, and with the CPO, volunteer development. Some responsibility for involvement in financial oversight.
• Assist the CPO in developing and refining program strategy, with a focus on intersections and collaborations with partner organizations and impact measurement.
Perform other duties as assigned
Core Competencies and Significant Experience:
-Strategic planning, capacity building, and program management
-Community outreach, building relationships and consensus, and conflict resolution with diverse stakeholders
-Direct management and oversight of professionals and volunteers working in our agency and strong collaboration with other Jewish organizations
-Excellent oral and written communication skills
-Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy and thoroughness
-Creative problem solver and strategic thinker
5 – 8 years of proven experience in nonprofit leadership
-Experience in Jewish community organizations and business development experience is preferred
-Experience in development and fund raising preferred.
-Bachelor's degree in business or human service related field required; advanced degree preferred
-Strong professionalism and ability to adapt quickly
-Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse staff and stakeholders
-Proficiency in accounting, budgeting, strategic planning
-Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite particularly, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and capacity to learn recent technologies
-Handles confidential information with discretion
-Desire to mentor and develop staff and serve as a thought partner to senior leaders