This position focuses on two key areas of congregational life: Member Care Services and Facilities Management. This position will work as an integral part of the administrative team that serves the congregation. The Assistant Director of Administration will work closely with the Director of Administration and step in to cover additional responsibilities, as needed.
This is not a remote position. The Assistant Director will be on site regularly.
• A self-starter with a can-do, jump in, and lend a hand attitude.
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions and competing demands.
• Experienced in Facilities Management including overseeing staff responsible for regular care and maintenance and ability to lead capital improvement projects. Able to work with details and a larger focus of the needs of the building.
• Skilled in building interpersonal relationships with warmth and understanding.
• Comfortable with technology – particularly G Suite, MS Office, Zoom, and Constant Contact
• Able to attend events on periodic weekends, and evenings, as needed.
• Understands Jewish life and traditions.
Member Care Services:
• In collaboration with lay leaders, support the new member application process and guide prospective members through creating online accounts for payments, activities and information.
• Track health and well-being of members and recognize their birthdays and anniversaries and yahrtzeits.
• Keep track of yahrtzeits, create yahrzeit lists when needed, and send out yahrzeit letters ahead of time to members.
• Maintain member records in ShulCloud (member portal and customer relationship management tool) ensuring personal information and member/non-member status is regularly reviewed and kept current.
• Guide members to move towards ShulCloud-enabled payment tools for events and membership commitments.
• Create member reports on ShulCloud for groups and committees and staff as needed.
• Manage Siddur orders and record information
• Assist Director as needed.
• Work with the Facilities Staff to maintain the building, including cleanliness and the timely repair of the building (interior and exterior).
• Maintain facilities use calendar, staff scheduling, facilities rental, etc. and resolve facilities usage conflicts.
• Oversee the maintenance of the building, including the timely repair of Sha’ar Zahav’s property, supervise for cleanliness, etc.
• Recommend actions and expenditures for effective property maintenance. including soliciting quotes and developing project budgets, and leading capital improvement projects
• In collaboration with the Security Task Force, implement and manage the security of the building and assist in writing reports for security grants.
• Manage vendors and troubleshoot issues with facility functions, including but not limited to phone, internet, utilities, security cameras, and lighting.
• Maintain accurate records, including contracts, permits, forms, files and compliance documents (copier, boiler, and elevator, etc.).
• Identify facility compliance processes (health, environmental, safety, fire, earthquake, personal protective equipment, etc.), ensure they are up to date and implemented and schedule/conduct regular drills.
• Regularly update the Director of Administration on facilities issues.
• Answer phones, welcome visitors, sort mail, route general office mail and email.
• Keep information racks and bulletin boards up to date with flyers and brochures.
• Ensure that administrative office equipment is adequate for Sha’ar Zahav needs.
• Manage google groups and other online platforms.
• Coordinate with event leaders to prepare for and supervise events.
• Identify problems and suggest improvements to administrative and operational processes.
• Complete off-site office errands such as banking, shopping, and mailing.
• Manage logistics of programming including purchasing food for classes, events and holidays.
• Manage Zoom scheduling for congregation including arranging, supervising, and supporting Zoom events.
• Collaborate with the volunteer tech support team and volunteer coordinator.
• Interface with guest speakers and class instructors to identify needs for tech support.
• Offer technical support for members (e.g. helpdesk for ShulCloud, managing google groups/listservs, tech support for services and special events.)
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Serve as a resource for staff and lay leadership.
• Order office and facilities supplies and keep track of the inventory.
• In collaboration with the Oneg Committee, grocery shop for Shabbat.
• Prepare b’mitzvah handouts/guide, handle logistics, attend the b’mitzvahs to problem solve, if needed.
• Attend other services and events, as needed.
• Oversee logistics for High Holy Days (which are held off-site at the Herbst) including communication with Herbst, moving company, taking machzorim out of storage, and collaborating with Volunteer leaders.
• Seek/connect/support external communications with the greater Jewish community.
• Serve as a liaison with other Jewish organizations to publicize events
• Other duties as assigned